Effective May 5, 2020.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- SharpeSoft refers to SharpeSoft, Inc., headquartered in Yuba City, California.
- Country refers to the United States.
- You or User means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of SharpeSoft’s Service.
- Website refers to any content accessible from SharpeSoft.com, SharpeSoft.app, or any other referring URL under SharpeSoft authority.
- Application refers to any software program provided by and licensed by SharpeSoft.
- Service refers to the applicable SharpeSoft Website, Application, or other content delivered through a third-party Service Provider or Social Media Service.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of SharpeSoft. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by SharpeSoft to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of SharpeSoft, to perform services related to the Service, or to assist SharpeSoft in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a mobile phone, or a digital tablet.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
2. Types of Data Collected
While using the SharpeSoft Service, you may be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Address, City, State/Province, and/or ZIP/Postal code
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service and may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), operating system, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser version, the Website pages that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other diagnostic data. Information that Your browser sends when You use the Service may also be collected.
3. Tracking Technologies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of the Service.
SharpeSoft may use both session Cookies and persistent Cookies (remain on your device after the current session) for the purposes set out below.
Necessary / Essential Cookies
These session Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts and are only used to provide you with those services. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
These persistent Cookies allow the Website to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Tracking and Performance Cookies
These persistent Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website. SharpeSoft may also use these Cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features, or new functionality of the Website to see how users react to them.
4. Your Data
Use of Your Data
SharpeSoft may use Your data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service, including to monitor the usage of the Service.
- To manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- To manage Your requests to SharpeSoft, such as support issues, new feature, community interactions, and/or knowledge base articles.
- To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers, and/or general information about additional SharpeSoft products, services, and events.
SharpeSoft may share your personal information in the following situations:
- When You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures, and descriptions of Your activity. Similarly, other users may be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You, and view Your profile.
- With Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of the Service, or to remarket on third-party websites to You after You visited the Service.
- With business partners to offer You certain products, services, or promotions.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of SharpeSoft assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of the SharpeSoft business to another company.
- If required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or law enforcement agency).
SharpeSoft may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Retention of Your Personal Data
SharpeSoft will retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of the Service, or SharpeSoft is legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to SharpeSoft, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While SharpeSoft strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, SharpeSoft cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5. Usage, Performance, and Miscellaneous
SharpeSoft may use third-party Service Providers, such as Google Analytics, to provide better improvement of the Service.
SharpeSoft may use third-party remarketing services to advertise to You on third-party websites.
6. Children's Privacy
SharpeSoft Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. SharpeSoft does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided SharpeSoft with Personal Data, please contact Us.
7. Links to Other Websites
9. Contact Us